Alright, to follow-up on the post from yesterday.
I’ve been concepting a small group of minis for TERRA. At first it was mostly meant to be one guy, but I got hooked on the idea and the theme and decided to make a few more.
I’m taking alot of inspiration from Tonis’ awesome stuff and fluff over at ironsleet, Hopefully it won’t come of as a steal…
The scavengers of TERRA come in many forms. Ill carrion worms and birds, sanctified eagles of prey. The weak and meek billions of Pilgrymmes who trod the filthy floor of TERRA more often than not find their cloth and hides ripped apart by the greedsick and foul natives.
Among these predators few are as self-righteous and austentatious as those of the Harvspices Collegium. In their trade the official and self-aggrandizing manifesto proclaims their God-given right to foretell the future with whatever means necessary.
Most of the Sub-guilds and groupations under the Collegium are made out of frauds, opportunists and criminals and lack any pedigree of note. But a sacred few are rumored to have lineages tracing back to the techno-barbarians of old TERRA.
In its origin their practises would mostly concern the opening and reading of Ur-Capri-Corn and similar ancient mammal Innards. But in this tyme and age these seers have found a far more gilded and holy beast to open and read. The Pilgrymme is a tired and “willing” victim. Once arriving on TERRA their tired limbs and incapability to fight back is taken as a sign of their supreme personal offering to the Collegium. They offer their bodies as charts over the future and the Collegium humbly accepts.
But it is, as is all on TERRA, a business. The fine clothing cut from Pilgryms and the jewlery they’ve gathered on their long treacherous journey is also “accepted” by the Collegium. Because of this many of their priests and augurs are clad in the finest spoils. Amulets and exotic hides cover their bodies. This brings in a certain material wealth into the Collegium, which in turn has led to numerous investigations by branches of the Administratum.
But the ever-important monetary wealth comes from elsewhere. The Collegiums priests on the floor of TERRA would say this wealth comes from above. But a more accurate answer would be that the money flow from the spires of TERRA. For the socialites of the higher levels it is not uncommon to have predictions and signs delivered from the depths of their world. The superstitious elite secretly often ask for financial advise from this “occult” source. But many with more wealth than they could hope to spend find it an amusing pastime to receive fresh blood soaked news concerning the state of the Imperium. Or for that instance the information about their esteemed neighbours medical situation.
Here are some concept scribbles of the group I’ll be trying to construct, excuse their laziness.
- A gimp(ish) Sibylla. Pumped with secret chemicals he will show the truth. His arm has been ritually removed in a custom which origin and meaning is long forgotten and lost.
- A Harvspex. Augmentive flesh and bone cutters are a common trait. The Skulls on his back are filled with Chemicals that, at his command, will fill his body and put him in a meditative trance. Thus making him able to see the future in the bowels of a poor Pilgrym.
- The Delphi Engine. A strange spliced servitor beast that “carries” an enormous incense censer. Wherever he goes a cloud of hallucinative fumes follows.
- AVGVR DOMINUS-minor (placeholder name). Spiritual leader of a smaller group of priests. (this guy is straight up from one of Blanche’s divine illustrations, a priest being that I’ve always wanted to try and build.)
- Some symbols for the group. The multi-iris eye is an interpretation of the “shaman eye”.
and a super rough concept of the group
a wip teaser